Since the beginning of this year, we’ve surveyed hundreds of business leaders to identify and check-in, as to “What are the current top 3 improvements you would like to see the team make?”
Interestingly, it’s vastly different, here’s snap shot at some of the feedback
- Strategic direction, communication, service
- Engagement, accountability, team work
- Commercial insights, understanding customers business and how our solutions add measurable value
- Using initiative, being more proactive, being more organised
- Productivity, accountability and performance
- Dealing with conflict, direction, communication
- Changing culture (less whingy more get it done), proactive not reactive, stop micromanagement
- Communication, conflict resolution, taking care of one’s mental health
- Accountability, forward planning and positivity
- Work flow, accountability and understanding
- Team culture, providing constructive feedback, being accountable
It’s clear to see the responses are quite diverse as each team has its own unique challenges, yet…. we see and experience very consistent patterns all the time in our work with leaders and teams.
We can cluster the challenges into key theme areas, which rely on the styles of thinking, capability maturity and growth phases of individuals, leader and the team as a whole. Understanding these aspects is essential for building and growing a thriving team and success in business.
Particularly not only for where a business is at right now, also for where it wants to go in the short, medium and long term.
What’s the cost to a business if it doesn’t actively work on making the improvements?
It’s hitting the bottom line usually in a variety of ways; lack of productivity, employee turnover, customer/client retention, brand reputation, employee engagement and satisfaction… and so much more.
It’s why we also ask in our leadership questionnaire, we always ask “How committed and ready are you to building a high-performing team?”
Growing a team, developing oneself as a leader, stretching others and harnessing their talent is NOT for the faint-hearted or only partially willing. Being is leader and leading people takes GUTS, there is absolutely very limited glory and most days it feels like 3 steps forward and 5 steps backwards.
It can be very very testing.
And it can be very very rewarding.
How committed and ready are you?
P.S Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you develop and work on your business leadership capabilities:
1. Download a free copy of The Leadership Maximiser Tool, a detailed Productivity and Performance Experience
Lead with clarity and confidence. Minimise overwhelm and indecision. Be organised and focused to lead a flourishing team and grow a thriving business. Accelerate results for you, the team and business with this step-by-step tool. Click here
2. Join the Empowering Leaders Group on Facebook and connect with likeminded leaders from around the globe.
It’s our Facebook community where committed leaders are learning more about creativity, leadership and high-performance. Click here
3. Join our next Mental Fitness for Leaders Program
Helping leaders develop their skills for well-being, relationship and conflict management, productivity and peak performance in the workplace. If you’d like to work with me on your business leadership skills to ensure high engagement, accountability and results for and across the team… reply to this message and put “PQ” in the subject line.
4. Let’s get the team together
If you feel like a cracked recorded saying things over and over again, and would like a different perspective and someone else at the front of the room or on zoom/teams to lead regular and consistent team building, accountability and engaging learning experiences, that drive results and outcomes for individuals, teams and the business, then … comment below or send me a message and put “Private” in the subject line… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details!