Food for thought. So lots of conversations these last couple of weeks with middle managers feeling very ‘stuck in the middle’. It’s not the yummy ‘cream in the oreo’ feeling. It’s actually super uncomfortable, frustrating and demotivating. They’re in management roles yet not actually being empowered to lead or manage their team.
It can happen for several reasons. One of the most is significant micro-management from the top down which can be lack of trust or lack of skill related (either in the senior or middle manager). However here’s the thing though, if you’re in senior leadership, then it’s really important to embrace and develop your middle management in the business.
We want the Cookies n Cream technique. Otherwise you’re never going to develop a high performing team and kick the desired goals and drive the results the business needs.
So let’s take a closer look at this, on a scale of 1 to 10, how ‘stuck’ are the middle managers in the business or have you got an awesome bowl of Cookies n Cream to work with?
It’s about all about:
- combining strengths
- honesty around the gaps and a solid development plan in place
- being open to learning and growing
- giving and receiving feedback
- setting boundaries
- committing to measures for accountability
- then communication, communication and more communication.
If you and your management team are struggling with poor accountability, uncomfortable team dynamics and lack of initiative and engagement, then let’s take action in February and problem solve.
P.S Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways I can help you develop and work on your business leadership capabilities:
1. Download a free copy of The Leadership Maximiser Tool, a detailed Productivity and Performance ExperienceLead with clarity and confidence. Minimise overwhelm and indecision. Be organised and focused to lead a flourishing team and grow a thriving business. Accelerate results for you, the team and business with this step-by-step tool. Click here
2. Join the Empowering Leaders Group on Facebook and connect with likeminded leaders from around the globe.
It’s our Facebook community where committed leaders are learning more about creativity, leadership and high-performance. Click here
3. Join our next Mental Fitness for Leaders Program
Helping leaders develop their skills for well-being, relationship and conflict management, productivity and peak performance in the workplace. If you’d like to work with me on your business leadership skills to ensure high engagement, accountability and results for and across the team… reply to this message and put “PQ” in the subject line.
4. Let’s get the team together
If you feel like a cracked recorded saying things over and over again, and would like a different perspective and someone else at the front of the room or on zoom/teams to lead regular and consistent team building, accountability and engaging learning experiences, that drive results and outcomes for individuals, teams and the business, then … comment below or send me a message and put “Private” in the subject line… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details!